Sunday, March 20, 2011

Love & Life Given to Special Pieces

I am fortunate enough to have several pieces of furniture handed down to me from different family members who have passed and been a special part of my life; they include my Papaw Kesterson (rocking chair and cedar chest), my Great Grandmother Minnie Kesterson (china cabinet, kitchen tools/gadgets...etc, front porch swing, & a very special table that I am currently in the process of "doing something with"), and my Great Great Aunt Hazel (cedar chest).

Chad's dad refinished Minnie's china cabinet for me a few years ago


I refinished my Papaw's rocking chair recently for our guest bedroom
BEFORE:


AFTER:


& I, just yesterday, refinished Hazel's cedar chest! I wanted the finish to be less than perfect as I wanted it to look old and appear used/worn...I think I achieved that look well with sanding, ebony stain, and clear gloss lacquer!
...ENJOY THE PICS!

BEFORE:


AFTER:





l

Proof that I did the work!


1 comment:

Blessed West said...

I have always wanted a great antique cedar chest. Yours is great! Love it!