Sunday, July 3, 2011

Breath of Life

Yep...I spent my weekend giving new life to some old (Jimmy, Chad's dad, says antique) chairs. Chad's parents were kind enough to offer us his Granny's dinning table and his Great Aunt's dinning chairs. After 1 quick look at them I quickly agreed to take them before Jimmy could change his mind; HA! He tried to take it back, his offer, but with Karen's urge to clean out their space I knew they were all mine! WOOHOO!
Chad sanded the chairs down for me, THANKS HUBS...YOU ROCK, so I spent the past few days panting....painting...painting...and painting some more! My arms and hands hurt so bad but the finished product is remarkable if I must so myself.
Next weekend....sanding and re-staining Granny's table! =)

My Inspiration...
(straight from the pages of a Pottery Barn magazine)



Before...
(excuse the mess behind the chair!)



During...
(poor Callie she felt neglected after 12+ hours of me painting!)



After...
(I love, LOVE, L-O-V-E them!)


1 comment:

Sandi said...

you rock! Will you come decorate my house? happy 4th!