Thursday, June 7, 2012

Move, Over

WHEW...what an exhausting move that was!  Yes, we are moved, unpacked, and settled into our new house in Athens now.  Monday, before the move (May 28th), was a terribly emotional day for both Chad and I...at that time I was just praying that we would move already and get the emotional turmoil out of the way.  It was seriously a horrible day and night!  Tuesday morning the movers arrived and a whole 10 hours later everything we owned was boxed and loaded into the truck.  Kylan was a trooper through it all and slept most of the day; praise the Lord!  As we pulled out of the driveway, out of Lago Vista, and out of Travis County I definitely had a bittersweet feeling in my soul.  I knew this move was "right" but that sure doesn't mean that it's easy or fun.

The past week has been stressful and emotional as well but we are settling in to the fact that this is our new home and all that really matters is the 3 of us....not really our location, not really the roof over our head...just US.  Lord thank you for my family, they really are all that matters!  We've definitely learned some lessons through this move and I'm sure there are more to come.  The Lord doesn't "move" you without teaching you, right?!?!  We're learning!  You'd think with all the moving we've done we'd have this all under control...but things are just different now and this move was nothing like those previously. And it was a move WE asked for; HA!

Our little cabin looks so cute, if I must say so myself.  We downsized from over 2100 square feet to right at 1200; pretty big difference and we are now the proud renters of a 10X10 storage building as well! ;)

God is good!  God is big!  God provides!
Amen?!?!

Whew...the move is over!


1 comment:

Brandi said...

First, those newborn pics are presh!! Second, sad you guys have moved but happy that you are closer to your family!!!!!