Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ruidoso Getaway Day 1

Chad & I's first day of our weekend getaway "escape" has been completely wonderful!
We've left the news of last week behind us and have completely enjoyed our first day in Ruidoso, the town we've come to love and visit often during the past two years!
I'm completely loving this high speed Internet which I am taking full advantage of!
Today we spent our time tasting wines, shopping, walking along Rio Ruidoso, dinner at Lucy's, and an evening at Casa Blanca Bar featuring Triple R's. What a blast we've had already!
...ENJOY THE PICS!

Callie was SO ready to go to the "spa", aka Adobe Animal Hospital/Boarding

...but we let her stay home inside (out of her cage) for the first time EVER, while we're gone! (of course we have a friend who lets her out twice a day and feeds her)

Chad with his handful of free Pistachios!

Me & my first bottle of wine! (Super excited that I finally was brave enough to endure a wine tasting and pick out a wine that actually tastes pretty good!) =)

The church that I think is so beautiful that I desperately want a picture of with no cars, no workers, and no construction materials...maybe one day!

Our goodies! Clothes, Chad's boots, my anniversary flowers (I had to bring them with me!), luggage, and of course Slim Fast!

<3 LOVE <3

Chad rockin' away while I continue my browsing at the quilt shop! When I was finished he said, "Just wait...I'm relaxing!"

A sign that only a Game Warden can appreciate!

WATER!

WATER!

MORE WATER!

...Wishing I could jump in!

We <3 streams, creeks, rivers, lakes, oceans...WE JUST LOVE WATER & LOVE EACH OTHER!

...for my Bankhead boys, minus Tye!

...that must've been a huge tree!

Chad just had to "test out" the water! "COLD!", he said!

Some "special bird" (or something)

We ended our evening @ Casa Blanca Bar (where we normally enjoy our Mexican Food, Casa Blanca Restaurant, the bar is located downstairs and ALWAYS has great live music!)

Triple R's!

They were singing...

& I was moving, aka dancing in my chair!

Cheers!

...G'nite!

2 comments:

Jen said...

So, So glad that you guys are having fun! You both needed this. I am jealous of the quilt shop!

your mom West said...

I love you both sooo much!!!